- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 6 tablespoons hot water
For filling: the rest of your stick of butter, some brown sugar, and some cinnamon
1) Turn your dough into 2 strands and flatten them so they are pretty wide.
2) Rub the butter directly onto the dough – no specific amount, just until your strands are thoroughly coated (but no chunks!)
3) Pour brown sugar over the strand – massage it in a little to get it even.
4) Liberally sprinkle cinnamon over strands.
5) Seal strands by pulling from the very sides (the buttery parts will not want to stick together).
6) Braid your strands and bake your bread.
7) While the bread is baking, melt your 4 tbsps butter and mix in the powdered sugar/vanilla. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency.
8) Pour a heaping helping of glaze over each loaf! The glaze will eventually harden (so the loaves can be bagged), but it is also excellent eaten warm and even dipped in the hot glaze.